The Victoria Compost and Conservation Education Society promotes composting, organic gardening, conservation, local food production, and urban sustainability. This is accomplished by being an educational and retail resource through our demonstration site, staff, volunteers, outreach, and workshops for children and adults throughout the Capital Regional District.
The mandate of the Greater Victoria Compost Education Centre is to encourage composting and conservation:
- By providing public education programs to the residents of Greater Victoria in the areas of composting, organic gardening and conservation.
- By establishing a demonstration site to provide the public with an opportunity to observe and experience the various elements of composting, ecological gardening and conservation.
- By providing a telephone hotline to answer general inquiries about composting, organic gardening and conservation.
- By actively soliciting membership in the society.
- By utilizing volunteers in all aspects of the society's activities.
We provide a wide range of services to CRD residents including:
- Compost Hotline (386-WORM or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Free educational literature on how to compost kitchen and yard waste, how to use compost, and trouble shooting.
- Site tours, workshops, and presentations on composting and organic gardening.
- Elementary schools programs.
- High schools programs.
- Compost bin showcase and organic demonstration gardens.
- Compost educator volunteer training program.
- Community outreach.
- Compost club membership and newsletter.
- Composters and other composting supplies for sale.
- Straw bale demonstration building.
- Resource library.
If your business isn't here, contact us today to get listed!
Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce