The University of Victoria Faculty Association (UVic FA) proudly represents approximately 850 faculty and librarians at the University of Victoria, including:
- Assistant Professors
- Associate Professors
- Associate Teaching Professors
- Assistant Teaching Professors
- Limited Term Faculty
- Artists in Residence
Having ratified and signed our first ever Collective Agreement in 2015, the UVic FA is the certified bargaining agent for our members at the University of Victoria which includes:
- Negotiating with the University Administration on all matters related to salaries; terms and conditions of appointment including tenure, promotion, and re-appointment; benefits; and leaves.
- Responding to member inquiries and providing aid and information in those matters where possible.
- Filing grievances on behalf of members whose rights under the Collective Agreement have been violated.
- Keeping our members informed about working conditions and changes in legislation and government policy.
- Facilitating and maintaining both Standing and Ad Hoc Committees to assist the Association in fulfilling our obligations and duties to members.
Also as part of our services to our members, we maintain active memberships with the Confederation of University Faculty Associations of BC (CUFA-BC) and the Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT)..
If your business isn't here, contact us today to get listed!